Awesome Static Hosting and CMS
A collection of awesome static hosting providers, content management systems, and curated articles.
Most importantly, this list wouldn’t exist without the excellent work that’s been done to create the Awesome Static Website Services list. Adam has curated some of the best resources, across a wide range, to help people develop their sites.
We don’t want to repeat that content, go read the original!
Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Contentful : (web: contentful.com) - Enterprise-grade content editing for anything (more than just static sites)
- DatoCMS : (web: datocms.com) - An open source, and commercially supported, CMS for Static Site Generators. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/datocms
- Forestry (web: forestry.io) - A CMS for Jekyll and Hugo sites. Host anywhere (GitHub Pages, Amazon S3, FTP, etc) and access your static CMS from
- Grav : (web: getgrav.org) - Modern, Crazy Fast, Ridiculously Easy and Amazingly Powerful Flat-File CMS.
- Jekyll Admin (web: jekyll.github.io/jekyll-admin) - A Jekyll plugin that provides users with a traditional CMS-style graphical interface to author content and administer Jekyll sites. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll-admin
- Netlify : (web: netlifycms.org) - An open source, and commercially supported, CMS for Static Site Generators. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/netlify/netlify-cms
- Prose : (web: prose.io) - An open source CMS for GitHub pages. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/prose/prose
- Siteleaf : (web: siteleaf.com) - Online editor content manager that allows you to publish anywhere, including Github Pages, and it has Jekyll support.
- Surreal CMS : (web: surrealcms.com) - Hosted CMS for static sites over FTP or Amazon S3.